Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A long weekend in Madrid!

So my last weekend in Madrid for a few weeks, and Katelyn and I had a lot of fun! I was battling sickness for a bit so I didn't get too crazy.

On Tuesday, we finally got to see Palacio Real (Royal Palace)...unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures. :-( But it was really gorgeous!!



Katelyn and I outside the Palacio:



The gardens out front of the Palacio:


Teatro Real:


A string quartet on the street:


On Thursday, we went out to Mexican food at a place called "La Panza es Primera" (Stomach comes first, essentially) that was recommended to us by a friend of our host family. SO TASTY! Not your typical mexican food, but really good:




On Friday I went on a walk in Retiro. Barely missed a storm!











We went to "Eat Pray Love" that night. First movie in Spain! English with Spanish subtitles.


On Saturday, Katelyn and I went to the Real Madrid fĂștbol stadium:




\




The Trophy Room:






The model of the Real Madrid Stadium:



Their shoes!!!



VIP Box:







Standing on the turf!





The visiting team locker room!




The press room:



The line we missed, thank goodness!


Then I went on a walk after lunch!





Later that night, Katelyn and I went on a hunt for beer and fĂștbol! We ended up at a couple different Irish pubs, and Madrid won! YAY!




On Sunday, we went to the Rastro and I bought these pants (I didn't know my face was in the picture, no idea what i was saying):


And then on Monday, we went shopping in the high end shopping area, because we didn't want to spend any money. Turns out all the shops were closed, so we didn't even get to go in. :-(
But all four of these shops = one corner. We're definitely going back to go window shopping on the inside:






A statue:


The library:

1 comment: