Saturday, October 2, 2010

An oddly calm yet eventful week

No school Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.

Did I tell you I did the math, and that we have 36 days of class and 45 days OFF from Oct 1-Dec 20 (most of us fly out Dec 21 in the morning, so I didn't count that). AWESOME.

I mean, technically we did have school on Wednesday...but it was just if we wanted to review our finals and see how we did. But even if we'd wanted to, Wednesday was the day of the nationwide strike. It was really weird, waking up at like 10am and NOTHING was happening on the street. Everything for the most part was closed, because at midnight the groups had started the strike, and were going into open businesses and asking why they weren't closed. I decided to stay in the house; I was curious as to what was going on, but I also didn't know exactly where to go and be able to stay far enough away to just observe.

Here's a picture of a group that was chanting down our street:


This is how we do our laundry:


Sometimes things fall, like my roomie's underwear (this is why I dry my underwear inside):


And today I made my family Funfetti cookies:



Unfortunately, I burnt the first batch:

YOU WOULD TOO, LOOK AT THESE RANDOM DIALS!!!! I had to convert the Fahrenheit into celsius, and I went a little too high for too long, apparently.


But succeeded on the second batch!!


Here is the couch. It's not really a room, it's like in the kitchen. So it's really just a couch.


Here's the kitchen/dining area:


And here's a picture of the scarf I'm knitting for Nick:


I'm getting really excited for my trip to Bilbao next week...I'm stoked to see a friendly theatre face, and I'm just really looking forward to getting out of Madrid for a few days. It's funny, Madrid is a HUGE city where there is so much to still be explored, but I just need to get out for a little bit.

Emily decided to move out, and I got a new roommate on Thursday named Katelyn. She's very nice and down to earth, I think she will be an excellent roommate.

Commence the countdowns!
5 days to Bilbao with Austin
32 days to London with Kristen and Kelly
41 days to Paris with Kimbre
60 days to Italy with Karen
68 days to my birthday
79 days until I'm back in the States with my family
83 days to Christmas!!!!
84 days until I'm in Boise with Nick!

There's more stuff in there than that, but those are the big trips. I'm so excited for all of them!
Lots of pictures will be posted, of course. :-D

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: